This small room was originally a Study and has since been used as a dressing room and a library until being converted into a space to display ceramics, the original arched recesses lending themselves to platters, vases and tea cups formerly owned by Kings and Queens of France.
The cabinets contain an important collection of Sèvres porcelain bought in the early 19th century by Edward Viscount Lascelles (son of the 1st Earl of Harewood) who died before his father and never inherited the House. He was a collector and patron whose acquisitions rivalled those of the Prince Regent.
A 1779 Bleu de Roi tea service displayed in this room belonged to Queen Marie-Antoinette and was included in the inventory of her Chateau after her execution. The scenes illustrate a romanticised view of peasants enjoying themselves.
This room was decorated with the kind support of Farrow & Ball
The colours used in this room are: Clunch® 2009 & Green Blue® 84